Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spokane Father Puts Son for Sale on Craiglist

My kids better keep me happy if this guy gets away with this.

"Boy for sale!"

​Gavin is four-years-old. He loves basketball, hates vegetables and can be yours for the low, low price of $5,000.

Last month, a Spokane woman saw a Craigslist ad from the boy's father offering him for sale. "It is going to kill me to do this but as I stated before I cannot afford to keep him," it read. "His Motherr is out of the picture and my parents no longer talk to me since I've had Gavin. So I don't know what else to do other than find a good family with kids or a couple that wants a son."

Attached to the post was a picture of boy in a yellow fireman's hat and a t-shirt with the word "Adventure" written on the front. The woman contacted police, who have since collected records from Craigslist in an attempt to find out if some dad really is trying to hawk his son or if it's all just a hoax.

The name left on the ad, Rick Obelophy, doesn't appear to belong to anyone locally. But considering the item being offered for sale, it's likely anyone trying to pawn off their kid would at least try to establish an alias.

Real or fake, our let's-make-a-deal dad is nothing if not caring. He wrote that he wouldn't give up his kid to just anyone. Instead, he'd have to meet the buyer's first to make sure Gavin ended up with "fit parents."
Seattle Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment