Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You better pull up you paintses!

Jackson Man Cries Foul In Saggy Pants Arrest


Man Says Store Owes Him Apology

JACKSON, Miss. -- A man said he's humiliated after being handcuffed and led out of a Jackson grocery store.

Clint Jackson said a security guard cuffed him at the Kroger on Terry Road when he went to buy a few items from the store. He said he heard a loud voice behind him when he got to the self-checkout.

"He yelled at me, 'Sir, pull your pants up. Sir, pull your pants up,'" Jackson said.

Jackson said he didn't think the voice was directed at him, so he continued to check out. He said that's when the officer grabbed him and put him in handcuffs.

"It was crazy because I've never been in a situation like that," Jackson said. "Nobody (has) handcuffed me and (is) about to take me to jail for my pants being too low."

He said his pants were not sagging on Saturday, and he feels like the store owes him an apology.

"He harassed me," Jackson said. "I feel like he embarrassed me, and I want something to be done about it."

Kroger in Jackson referred WAPT's questions to their national office for comment, but the national office did not return calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment