Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Majestic Burger coming to Madison County?

The Mississippi Business Journal is reporting that the Majestic Burger in Jackson is soon to have a second location. Considering the owners live in Madison, could that mean closer to me? My stomach says "yes" but my arteries say "NO"!

To hell with my arteries! Bring it Sandifer . . . bring it!


The Journal writes on March 5th that the concept of using high-quality, fresh ingredients for its unique burgers and other menu items has the success of locally-owned Majestic Burger spawning a second location.

Greenwood native Fred Sandifer moved his family back to Mississippi from the Washington, D.C., area in Aug. 2005 with the goal of starting a business.

He’d done enough research while still employed at Freddie Mac in Washington to know he wanted to open a restaurant. He considered the option of opening a franchise, but ultimately decided to start his own.

“I researched places on the East Coast, in California and in Dallas, so I drew inspiration from a lot of different areas,” Sandifer said. “I looked at possible franchises, but just decided to go with my own concept.”

He convinced his wife, Amy, who is from the Washington, D.C., area, to “take the plunge,” and move their family to the Magnolia State.

I just gained a dimple in my rear-end thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment